- Think about what you like/dislike in your current kitchen.
- Think about what your kitchen will be used for (e.g. cooking and food preparation or entertaining).
- Consider how many people will be utilising the kitchen.
- For traffic areas and island benchtops we recommend you allow 1200mm from the benchtop on the island to the opposite cabinet/appliance.
- Ensure the location of the sink bowl is centred over a suitable size cabinet.
- Consult your manufacturers’ specifications for appliances prior to installing your kitchen.
- Enjoy your new kitchen!
- Position cooking appliances under windows or near inward opening doors (especially gas units).
- Place your fridge and cooking appliances next to one another.
- Attempt to undertake electrical or plumbing work yourself - all electrical and plumbing work must be carried out by a licensed electrician or plumber.
- Position your rangehood any closer than 600mm from the top of your hob stove.
- Forget your end panels - these are needed on either side of appliance cabinets and to cover the exposed side of cabinet runs.
- Forget to leave a minimum of 300mm clearance on either side of your cooktop to any pantries or panels.
Want more articles? Join mykaboodle now and get access to our project management tool full of the latest tips, tricks and how-to videos.