The thought of living without a kitchen can be a scary thing to ponder… especially when you haven’t been left without a kitchen before.
There are however, a heap of solutions to not having a working kitchen installed in your home!
- First and foremost; make sure you’re prepared. You need to make things as easy as possible for you and/or your family when the time comes. Pack all of your kitchen goods away, leaving any preparation must have items easily accessible.
- Plan on setting up a temporary kitchen in a spare room preferably with a sink – maybe a garage or room located near a laundry. A sturdy fold out table can work wonders and you’ll be able to set up smaller transportable appliances such as a kettle, microwave and toaster.
- If you’re blessed with warmer weather and a barbecue then you’ll be more than ready to prepare your meals!
- Think about having a picnic. You don’t have to be confined to your home, take your food elsewhere and make the most of your situation.
- Call on favours from family and friends. We’re sure they’d love to have you round for a meal or two.
- Have your local takeout store on speed dial for any emergency meals.
Before you know it, your new kitchen will be up and running in no time!
Want more articles? Join mykaboodle now and get access to our project management tool full of the latest tips, tricks and how-to videos.