Let’s streamline your washing routine! We know it’s not everyone’s favourite task and it can often be left or put off until the task becomes seriously overwhelming. Our range of laundry hampers will make the process as fuss free as possible, with functional design features such as pull-out handles and ventilated sides to let those dirty clothes breathe.
To get the whole household involved in the washing routine, we recommend getting them to sort their own clothes before washing. The 2 x 35L base mount laundry hamper makes separating laundry super easy for everyone. The two compartments are colour coded for ease, the whites go in the white hamper and the colours belong in the blue hamper, simple.
laundry tips and tricks
- Clean your laundry appliances, removing all the lint from the dryer on a regular basis will prevent overheating and running your washing machine with just detergent to removing any leftover dirt will go a long way when it comes to maintaining your appliances.
- Always check your clothes pockets prior to washing not only will you catch the dreaded tissues but you may find other items such as car keys that you definitely don’t want going through the wash.
- For any pet bedding head over to your local laundromat, they are going to have industrial sized washing machines and this prevents left over pet hair left in the washing machine.
- Pre-treat those stubborn stains give your washing machine a helping hand by simply spraying a prewash stain remover before washing. Ensure that stain is gone before you pop it in the dryer or the heat can set the stain.
- Help get rid of odours by adding ½ cup of baking soda to the wash cycle or and ½ cup of vinegar to the rinse cycle. If you have the time you can pre-soak with the baking soda method instead.
Don’t over complicate things, the 1 x 35L base mount laundry hamper is a great addition to any existing laundry. Its compact design will suit most laundry spaces! It features large ergonomic handles for easy removal and the hamper sits securely in place on a wireframe. With just seven easy to follow installation steps, you can retrofit one of these hampers in a 300mm base cabinet – it’s the perfect afternoon task that is going to streamline your washing routine.
If you’re in the process of planning out your laundry space or in the inspiration stage of your laundry renovation journey, functionality is key! Ideally the laundry hamper should be located close to your washing machine for easy access. Our hamper range has been designed for easy installation; the entire range can be retrofitted into existing cabinetry.
Too often are we caught out by throwing everything in the same wash cycle and forget the most important washing rule, to read the washing label! Keep an eye out for clothes that are dry clean only or hand wash only as they won’t appreciate being popped in a washing machine. You’ll find that with this technique your favourite clothes will stand the test of time.
We hope these tips have helped to improve your laundry routine! Explore our entire range of laundry hampers and for more inspiration and ideas, visit our design blog or follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.